Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I love fresh blueberries and this recipe highlights them well.
Top Review by Kzatrini
This is an incredibly versatile recipe that is easy to make and has an excellent flavor. I baked the blueberry bars while we ate dinner and served them hot with vanilla icecream. Next time I think they'll make a good breakfast.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour and brown sugar; stir to mix.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press 1 1/3 cup of mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the remaining crumb mixture, sour cream, egg, and vanilla; stir to blend.
- Add blueberries; stir to combine.
- Spoon filling mixture evenly over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool in the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars and serve.