Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I love fresh blueberries and this recipe highlights them well.
Top Review by Kzatrini
This is an incredibly versatile recipe that is easy to make and has an excellent flavor. I baked the blueberry bars while we ate dinner and served them hot with vanilla icecream. Next time I think they'll make a good breakfast.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour and brown sugar; stir to mix.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press 1 1/3 cup of mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the remaining crumb mixture, sour cream, egg, and vanilla; stir to blend.
- Add blueberries; stir to combine.
- Spoon filling mixture evenly over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool in the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars and serve.