Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
With the classic combination of lemon zest and fresh blueberries, these tea-time muffins have become an all-time favorite, and once you've tasted this recipe you'll know why - m-m-m-m-m-m good!!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, toss 2 tablespoons of the flour with blueberries, set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter, until light and fluffy; beat in egg until blended. Beat in lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla (do not worry if mixture looks curdled).
- Using wooden spoon, stir dry ingredients into butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry and 2 of milk. Gently stir in blueberry mixture.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just turning golden and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.