Recipe by FloridaNative
An uncooked sauce with a lovely blackberry flavor. Serve over vanilla frozen yogurt or with a slice of angel food cake. From Eating Well Magazine (Prep time = cook time)
- 1 1⁄2 pints blackberries (~ 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons blackberry brandy
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey, preferably berry-blossom honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick over the berries and reserve 1 cup of the smallest and most attractive.
- Puree the remaining 2 cups berries in a food processor with the brandy, orange juice and honey.
- Transfer the mixture to a sieve set over a medium bowl.
- Press the puree through the sieve and discard the seeds.
- Just before serving, stir in the reserved whole berries.
- NOTE: 1 serving = 2 tablespoons.