Leslie in Texas's Note:
These scrumptious muffins have a cake like texture and are great for breakfast or as part of a brunch menu. From the R.S.V.P. section of an August 1989 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe was requested from the White Swan Guest House, a bed and breakfast in Mount Vernon, Washington.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease eighteen muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- 3Using electric mixer, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in large bowl until light.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Sift flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl.
- 6Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture alternately with milk; fold in berries.
- 7Divide batter among prepared cups; sprinkle 4 t. sugar over.
- 8Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Blackberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 117.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g