Recipe by So Happy at Home
When blackberries are in season, there is nothing that says summer like this simple, delicious cobbler. Adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks, this easy cobbler will work with a multitude of fresh (or frozen if you must)fruits. Incredible with homemade vanilla ice cream!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of the sugar with the flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Whisk in melted butter.
- Meanwhile, rinse the blackberries and pat them dry. Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and sprinkle blackberries evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries.
- Bake for one hour, or until golden brown and bubbly. When 10 minutes of cooking time remain, sprinkle the remaining two tablespoons of sugar over the top, and let that get all mouth-wateringly crispy and carmelized.
- Try to stop drooling.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!