Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a delicious treat made with fresh blackberries! Very simple to prepare for snack or dessert.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and brown sugar, cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press 1 1/3 cups of mixture in bottom of an ungreased 8x8 inch square pan.
- Combine remaining crumb mixture, sour cream, and next five ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Stir in blackberries.
- Spoon over crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let cool; cut into bars.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Very different and not what I expected, but delicious. A bar with a cakey texture on top of a buttery crust. Used fresh summer berries.
These bars are great. We have made them 3 times with fresh blackberries so far. Once we had some kept overnight and they got a bit soggy, so eat them soon! Today we tried them with raspberries, they are firmer and also yummy! We have used them with sour cream and also the substitution of plain yogurt with cornflour. Also used KlynnPadilla's suggestion of some nutmeg.
Wow, these were excellent. Let me add my 5 stars as well. They have a very moist, spongy top layer to them with a nice firm cookie base. I didn't have fresh blackberries so I used a frozen medley of blackberries, blueberries and Raspberries. These were very easy to make. These would stand out at any party as they are different than most bars. Thanks for sharing!!!