Recipe by McKinney Mom
There are a lot of black bean and corn salsa recipes, but I think this one is the freshest tasting salsa because of the frozen corn and that the corn is still frozen when you add it to the salsa.
Top Review by rbrynsaas
Just realized I hadn't rated this yet...whoops! Originally I made this for one of our "girls' weekends"...didn't use the avocados because we also had made guacamole. It was a huge hit! Everyone loved it. I've made it many times since then...with and without the avocado. Its great either way. I love it! Thanks so much for posting!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 (24 ounce) packagefrozen white and yellow corn
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2-1 very finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped very fine
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 avocados (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- First, mix the frozen corn and the taco mix - this will coat the corn and give it time to thaw while you get everything else together.
- Then prepare and add the other ingredients and mix gently.
- The corn will help keep the salsa cool while you are taking it where ever it needs to go.
- I try to make 2 or 3 hours ahead so the taco mix can do it's thing.