Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are a lot of black bean and corn salsa recipes, but I think this one is the freshest tasting salsa because of the frozen corn and that the corn is still frozen when you add it to the salsa.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 (24 ounce) packagefrozen white and yellow corn
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2-1 very finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped very fine
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 avocados (optional)
- First, mix the frozen corn and the taco mix - this will coat the corn and give it time to thaw while you get everything else together.
- Then prepare and add the other ingredients and mix gently.
- The corn will help keep the salsa cool while you are taking it where ever it needs to go.
- I try to make 2 or 3 hours ahead so the taco mix can do it's thing.
Just realized I hadn't rated this yet...whoops! Originally I made this for one of our "girls' weekends"...didn't use the avocados because we also had made guacamole. It was a huge hit! Everyone loved it. I've made it many times since then...with and without the avocado. Its great either way. I love it! Thanks so much for posting!
I've made this twice, now, and we love it. The first time I made it, I followed the recipe exactly, except I used jalapeno slices in a jar since I had them. It was really good. The second time I only had one small tomato, so I used it, then added a cup of the fresh salsa from Sam's Club. That's pretty spicy, so I did not add the jalapeno. Even better! Haven't tried it with the avocado, yet, but would love to try it. It is very Weight Watchers Point friendly, only about 3 points per cup.