Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Fresh Bing Cherry Sauce is wonderful for Pastries, Desserts, Sea Food and Pork entrees.
- 1 lb bing cherry (Pitted & chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fine sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 allspice berries
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange muscat dessert wine (*Nibbia Wine)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup red shallot (Chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup cherry brandy
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Place cherries a glass bowl. Add sugar, sea salt, orange muscat wine, lemon zest, lemon juice and stir.
- Place bay leaves, allspice berries, whole cloves, cinnamon stick in cheese cloth and tie with a string to complete Sachet. Place Sachet in cherries, cover with plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Melt 1-tablespoon butter in a heavy bottom saucepan and saute shallots until they are soft or tender. Add cherry brandy and reduce by one-half.
- Add fresh cherries with their juice, Sachet and bring to a slow boil. Stir cherries to prevent burning and wish in butter. Reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove cherries from heat, discard Sachet and allow cherries to cool slightly.
- Puree cherries with a hand blender, bring to a simmer, add nutmeg and cayenne pepper to taste. Stir cherry sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain cherry sauce using a fine sieve or chinois. Serve Fresh Bing Cherry Sauce hot or room temperature.
- Garnish: Fresh Bing Cherry Sauce with Whole Cherries.
- *Orange Muscat Dessert Wine (Nibbia Winery, Half-Moon Bay, Ca.).
- Chef's Note: You can use any Muscat Wine.