2 hrs 35 mins
1 hr 40 mins
A very elegant dessert for a dinner party or a lovely brunch! A puff pastry shell with white chocolate custard, topped with mixed fresh berries and chopped almonds. Can be served either chilled or at room temperature. Didn't include times allowed for thawing puff pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
WHITE CHOCOLATE CUSTARD
- 2 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor
ASSEMBLING THE TART
- 1/4 cup toasted and chopped almonds
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1TO MAKE TART SHELL:.
- 2Roll out one sheet of puff pastry, and cut into a 6"x14" rectangle. Place on a baking sheet. Cut 1" strips from scraps to trim the edges with. Brush cold water along a 1" border on each edge of the rectangle, and set strips on top to frame the edges. Beat 1 egg, and brush onto surface of pastry. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes, this is a very important step.
- 3Heat oven to 400ºF. Bake shell in preheated oven until it is starting to brown, around 10 minutes.
- 4Remove pastry from oven, and reduce heat to 375ºF. Press base firmly with back of fork to collapse it.
- 5Return to oven and bake until golden, 8 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool. This can be made up to 2 days in advance; store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- 6TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CUSTARD:.
- 7Heat milk on medium heat in heavy saucepan, stirring, until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Add vanilla bean to milk, cover, and steep 10 minutes. Remove vanilla bean.
- 8Meanwhile, whip yolks with sugar until thick and light colored. Whisk in flour. Gradually, stir hot milk into yolk mixture, stirring until smooth. Pour into the sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens. Lower the heat.
- 9Continue cooking the pastry cream, whisking constantly, until it softens slightly; this should take about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and fold in white chocolate. Transfer pastry cream to small bowl with plastic wrap.
- 10Unwrap when cool, and add Creme de Cacao. This can all be made 1 day in advance; cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 11CHAMBORD SAUCE:.
- 12The sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance. Puree the defrosted raspberries in a blender. Strain to remove the seeds, and stir in 4 tablespoons Chambord liqueur. Keep refrigerated.
- 13ASSEMBLING THE TART:.
- 14When ready to assemble the tart, make the glaze. In a saucepan, melt preserves over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons Chambord. Use while warm.
- 15The tart is best if consumed within 3 to 4 hours of final assembly. Brush bottom of tart with glaze, and sprinkle with half of the chopped almonds. Spoon custard into pastry shell, and smooth.
- 16Arrange fresh berries over top of custard, and brush with glaze. Sprinkle with remaining almonds on top.
- 17Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Berry Tart With Chambord Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.5
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 178.0 mg
- Sodium 153.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 41.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chambord raspberry liquor
Chambord raspberry liquor