Recipe by valgal123
This is a light dessert for a hot summer day or any other time if you want to use frozen berries. The pie has a tasty combination of strawberries and blueberries, but you can use any type of berrie or peaches and nectarines.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUST: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix for 1 minute or until just combined.
- Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- FILLING: Remove the hulls from the strawberries.
- Crush enough of the strawberries to make 1 cup.
- Stir together the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan.
- Add the crushed strawberries and the 1/2c water to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until it comes to a boil.
- Stir in the lemon juice and let cook for 10 minutes. Add the whole strawberries and blueberries to the pan and stir to coat all of the fruit.
- Pour the fruit into the crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.