Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
i was able to get fresh berries at a great price today, and had the day off to experiment- as you can see by the photo, this is incredible! you can use any liquer you want, or leave it out. you can also use any fruits you want, inclusing kiwi.. the fruit measurements are aproximate, as i just filled in the spaces.
- 1 pie crust, baked (your own recipe or frozen, etc)
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml arrowroot or 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml whole milk or 473.18 ml cream
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2.46 ml cardamom
- 14.79 ml triple sec (optional)
- 59.14 ml fresh strawberries, sliced
- 59.14 ml fresh blackberries
- 59.14 ml fresh blueberries
- 118.29 ml fresh raspberry
- 59.14 ml apricot preserves
- 14.79 ml triple sec
- bake pie crust, cool.
- add sugar, flour, arrowroot and salt to a saucepan.
- whisk together eggs and milk, add to sugar mixture, stirring over medium heat.
- cook stirring with a wooden spoon until thickened and bubbly.
- remove from heat.
- stir in vanilla and butter.
- stir in cardamom and triple sec (if using).
- let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- add almonds to pie crust.
- top with cardamom cream filling.
- top with fresh fruit.
- microwave preserves and triple sec for 40 seconds, or until heated.
- stir well.
- brush onto pie as a glaze.
- cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
Very good pie and sooo easy to put together especially if you use already made pie crust! I skipped the Triple Sec and the pie was delicious, however next time I may add some juice in its place. Thanks for sharing--this is a must during the short berry season!