Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
I found this recipe at Fine Living Network. It is another site owned by Scripps. I don't cook but it sounded excellent.
- Grill the bread over direct medium heat until toasted and grill marks appear, about 2 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Cut bread into cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and melted butter. Beat until well blended.
- Add milk, then stir in blackberries and lemon zest.
- Add bread cubes and toss until mixed well.
- Let rest for about 45 minutes, patting the bread down into the liquid occasionally.
- Transfer bread and egg mixture to a seasoned cast-iron skillet.
- Cover bottom of skillet with foil to protect it from soot.
- Place pan in center of cooking grate and grill over indirect medium heat for 50 to 60 minutes, or until top is well-browned and puffy.
- Slice and serve warm, with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Oh yummy! We love bread pudding and this delicious! I did sub Splenda for the sugar with no problems, and used frozen mixed berries instead of fresh blackberries. This will be a great dessert for our next camping trip! Thank you Laury! Made for KK's Think Pink Tag