Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Summer fresh and oh so pretty in red and white. Make this dessert, from Jesus Gonzalez, creative chef at Rancho La Puerta. Then kick back while it chills. From Epicurious.
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup unfiltered unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese (1 gram fat per ounce)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 small mint sprigs
- 4 fresh edible flowers (such as pansies or nasturtiums) (optional)
- Purée strawberries with apple juice in a blender until smooth.
- Spoon equal amounts of berry sauce into 4 cocktail or parfait glasses.
- Combine ricotta cream ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Process until mixture is smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon 1/4 of the ricotta cream into each glass and top with 1/4 cup strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish each with a mint sprig and an edible flower, if desired, before serving.
This was nice but I did have a bit of an issue getting the ricotta cream to float on the strawberry mixture, mine kind of sunk and it all mixed together. It wasn't an issue for me as I made this as a breakfast treat and served with granola so it ended up being all mixed anyway. The texture of the ricotta was a little strange at first but I got used to it and even tooddler DD enjoyed this with her granola too! Thanks Annacia!