Recipe by Southern Polar Bear
From Chef Shelley Sikora at the Bobby Q restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona.
Top Review by lets.eat
I did not prepare this as stated..We personally don't care for browned/grilled corn, we like it plump and juicy. But the flavor this way was great. I used fresh corn on the cob placed them in a glass 13x9 pan, melted the honey/butter than poured it over the corn. Sprinkled them with the salt/garlic/ and pepper. Covered tightly w/foil and baked 350' for 40 minutes. Fantastic flavor(even though I cheated) Thank You Southern Polar Bear-
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 1 lb butter, at room temperature (set aside 2 Tbsp.)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, pepper, and garlic powder together.
- Let stand for one hour before use.
- This may be stored in a plastic container for future use.
- Whip all but 2 tablespoons butter with honey.
- Using wax paper, roll honey butter into shape of sausage and refrigerate overnight (or put in freezer for 1 hour).
- Brush frozen corn with 2 tablespoons room-temperature butter.
- Sprinkle with a dash of the seasoning mix.
- Place corn on the grill.
- Turn often until brown on every side.
- Cut corn from cobs.
- Place in a bowl and cover until ready to serve.
- Cut refrigerated honey butter into 1/2" thickness slices and serve over hot corn kernels.