Recipe by Prose
This Italy-inspired hummus is a recipe I created in celebration of my bountiful basil harvest. Did you know that basil has natural antidepressant properties? For me, that's just one more reason to put it in everything!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
So good! I made this exactly as written, and I don't think I'll change anything next time around. This makes a great sandwich filling, and was a good way to use up my extra basil. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh basil, tightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or more, if desired)
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- salt and pepper
- Place ingredients in blender or food processor and puree until creamy, scraping sides occasionally.
- Taste and adjust flavors as desired.