This is a great pasta salad with cheese tortellini and sweet basil. Plan ahead, because it should chill for a couple hours to allow flavors to blend.
- 1 lb uncooked dry cheese-filled egg tortellini
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried basil)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- Cook tortellini as directed on package.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add tortellini and toss until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Toss again before serving with additional parmesan cheese.
Delightful! Fresh and light. Could be served as a light summertime meal or as a side dish. Would be great served at cookout this summer! Thank you for a wonderful recipe, Karen!
Delish! Everyone loved it! I think I would like to try adding some artichokes next time.
This recipe was a hit at the BBQ I attended this weekend. I loved how easy it was, and the flavor was great. I was told that this was what I was "allowed" to bring to the next BBQ. I shaved, then roughly chopped, the carrots instead of slicing them just because I think they're easier to eat that way. I also used a bit more cheese and pepper than called for. I used regualr balsamic vinegar this time around, but next time I make it, I'm going to try white balsamic so the dressing won't look quite so dark. Thanks Karen, for a great summertime recipe!