Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from my wonderful Aunt Dru who makes this for family get togethers. You can't keep it on the platter it's so good! Fresh basil is the star of this simple yet elegant appetizer.
- 1 pie crust, folded in the refrigerator section
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 -5 roma tomatoes, cut thin and drained on paper towel
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, loosely packed and torn into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place pie crust on pizza pan and roll to fit bottom (just to thin out the crust). Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 to 9 minutes until crust is almost done.
- Take out of oven and place 1/2 cup of mozzarella on warm crust.
- Top with basil and tomato slices.
- Combine remaining mozzarella with mayonnaise and parmesan cheese. Put tablespoons of mixture all over tomatoes but don't worry about spreading (yet).
- Place in oven for 2 to 3 more minutes so cheese can soften. THEN spread to cover tomatoes.
- Bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cut into small squares to serve as an appetizer. YUM!
- Servings are approximate, depends on size of squares.