Recipe by waynejohn1234
This recipe came from a local childrens' hospital cookbook. It is very simple but has a wonderful fresh basil taste. Definitely for basil lovers. Enjoy.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 28 ounces Italian tomatoes, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil.
- Remove from heat and carefully add the diced tomatoes.
- (It may spatter so stay away from the stove).
- Add garlic, tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle the basil over the top.
- Be sure to use enough to cover the entire surface. More is better than not enough.
- DO NOT STIR OR MIX.
- Turn heat down and cook 35 minutes or longer.
- Do not cover.
- Basil should remain on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Reheat when needed.
- Just before serving, mix together and grate the cheese over the top.
- Delicious with any pasta, but particularly good with seasoned fettucine or 3-pepper pasta.