Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pesto is delicious!! It can be used on pasta, spread on crackers and grilled chicken/fish, on pizza, calzones, and many other uses.
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 cloves garlic
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Blend the first 5 items in a food processor, the amount of oil varies, but the consistency should seem creamy.
- Remove and place in bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- This can be frozen for later use or used immediately.
I am rating a revised version of this because I exchanged butter for olive oil and romano for more parmesan. It has an excellent fresh flavor.
I used pecans because that's what I had available and added more parmesan for the romano. I think it would have been good except that there was way too much salt. If I were to make it again I'd either omit the salt or add a lot less.
yummy pesto and so easy to make for my first attempt at pesto. I shuddered at the amount of oil in it, and tried to cut it down - but it didn't come out with the right consistency and I ended up having to add the extra back in.