Recipe by jrobertfl
I grow basil in my earth-box every year and it grows so big that I am able to make this delicious pesto 3 or 4 times then I freeze it and have it all winter.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. (If you are using walnuts instead of pine nuts and they are not already chopped, pulse them a few times first, before adding the basil.) Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Makes 1 cup.
- Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.