This recipe is good any time of year. It can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks or frozen.
Make and share this Fresh Basil Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- Combine basil and garlic in food processor and blend into a fine paste.
- Add pine nuts and cheese. Process until smooth.
- With machine running, pour olive oil into feed tube in slow, steady stream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer pesto into container. Cover surface of pesto with olive oil.
- Seal with a tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze.
- Stir oil into pesto before serving.