Recipe by Maureenie
This recipe is good any time of year. It can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks or frozen.
Top Review by MIVeggie
I LOVE this pesto! I made it last night for my husband and a dinner guest (served over angel hair pasta); it was FANTASTIC! I had never made pesto before and was a little nervous to serve it to guests without doing a trial run first, but this was so easy. The three of us absolutely loved it! We're using the leftover pesto to make this tonight: http://cheese.food.com/recipe/nifs-grilled-tomatoes-with-pesto-and-cheese-385645 and we can't wait. Thank you, thank you, thank you for such an amazing recipe! I will make this again...and again, and again, and again.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (pignoli)
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine basil and garlic in food processor and blend into a fine paste.
- Add pine nuts and cheese. Process until smooth.
- With machine running, pour olive oil into feed tube in slow, steady stream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer pesto into container. Cover surface of pesto with olive oil.
- Seal with a tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze.
- Stir oil into pesto before serving.