Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is good any time of year. It can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks or frozen.
Make and share this Fresh Basil Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- Combine basil and garlic in food processor and blend into a fine paste.
- Add pine nuts and cheese. Process until smooth.
- With machine running, pour olive oil into feed tube in slow, steady stream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer pesto into container. Cover surface of pesto with olive oil.
- Seal with a tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze.
- Stir oil into pesto before serving.
I LOVE this pesto! I made it last night for my husband and a dinner guest (served over angel hair pasta); it was FANTASTIC! I had never made pesto before and was a little nervous to serve it to guests without doing a trial run first, but this was so easy. The three of us absolutely loved it! We're using the leftover pesto to make this tonight: http://cheese.food.com/recipe/nifs-grilled-tomatoes-with-pesto-and-cheese-385645 and we can't wait. Thank you, thank you, thank you for such an amazing recipe! I will make this again...and again, and again, and again.
What is not to like? I just had to double the garlic, which was the only change I made. It was made back on Jan 14th but wanted to freeze it to see how that would work. So almost 3 weeks later, I'd like to report it thawed nicely and tasted wonderful! The next time I make this I will use less oil. I'll be sure to make this one again. Made for January Special - Bargain Basement Tag Game
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-basil-pesto-272133#ixzz1CpRrtd2k