Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Simply Colorado Too!
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix gently. Chill, covered, for 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to marry.
- Toast the bread in the toaster. Top each slice with some of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese. Serve at room temperature or broil just until heated through.