Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Sunset Magazine reader's recipe which I've modified. It's wonderfully satisfying and fresh and tastes like summer.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup basil, loosely packed, washed & stemmed
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche, divided
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- chili powder, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion & cook until translucent, about 5 minute.
- Add zucchini & cook another 2 minute.
- Add chicken broth & basil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer & cook for 20 minute.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender, or in a blender, in batches.
- Add 2 T yogurt/or other, & chili powder.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Reheat gently.
- Divide soup among bowls.
- Garnish each with a dollop of yogurt/or other, & a sprinkle of chili powder.