A Sunset Magazine reader's recipe which I've modified. It's wonderfully satisfying and fresh and tastes like summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion & cook until translucent, about 5 minute.
- 3Add zucchini & cook another 2 minute.
- 4Add chicken broth & basil.
- 5Reduce heat to a simmer & cook for 20 minute.
- 6Puree soup with an immersion blender, or in a blender, in batches.
- 7Add 2 T yogurt/or other, & chili powder.
- 8Season with salt to taste.
- 9Reheat gently.
- 10Divide soup among bowls.
- 11Garnish each with a dollop of yogurt/or other, & a sprinkle of chili powder.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Basil and Zucchini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 789.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: