Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh tasting marinade for fish, chicken or veggies.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Whisk until well-blended.
- Use as a marinade to enhance the flavor of any fish.
This made my grilled salmon sing! To tell you the truth, I didn't measure anything, so I probably had twice as much basil and twice as much balsamic vinegar, but it was a great combination. I had some salmon fillets sitting in this stuff for about an hour, then tossed them on the grill. This is a good recipe for Somersizers, and makes a piece of protein taste wonderful!
I altered slightly - reduced oil to 1/4 cup and was great on the ever popular boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Have also brushed this on Vidalia Onions & Zucchini before grilling...very tasty indeed!