Fresh Bananas and Cream Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a ten inch angel food cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir cream with lemon juice and let stand until cream curdles.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, coffee and then banana puree. Fold in cream and dry ingredients. Scrape bottom of bowl often to ensure ingredients are properly blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle on coconut and nuts.
- Bake for 70 to 90 minutes (until cake springs back when gently pressed with fingertips). Cool for 10 minutes. Invert on a serving platter. Drizzle on melted chocolate.