1/1 Photo of Fresh Balsamic Asparagus Salad
This is a very tasty fresh salad, crisp and tangy! I love this stuff. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb baby asparagus
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons mizithra cheese
- salt, to taste
- 1Trim the asparagus (keeping the darker green and less fibrous parts) and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- 3Simmer the asparagus in 1/2 cup of water with a pinch of salt until it is tender (about 10-13 minutes).
- 4While the asparagus is simmering, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and garlic together.
- 5Gradually add the olive oil and then the black pepper.
- 6Once you have drained the asparagus and let it cool, gently toss it with half of the dressing to coat it well.
- 7Toss the remaining dressing with the basil and the mushrooms, and sprinkle the mixture over the asparagus.
- 8Season to taste with salt, garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or Mizithra cheese, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Balsamic Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 38.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g