Recipe by Julesong
This is a very tasty fresh salad, crisp and tangy! I love this stuff. :)
Top Review by pmorgan5
OUTSTANDING!! I roasted the asparagus w/a little olive oil and sea salt (3-5 minutes, depending on size of stalks), then followed the recipe. Wonderful fresh taste. This is a keeper as long as the local asparagus is available.
- 453.59 g baby asparagus
- 113.39 g sliced mushrooms
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml loosely packed chopped basil
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese or 29.58 ml mizithra cheese
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the asparagus (keeping the darker green and less fibrous parts) and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Simmer the asparagus in 1/2 cup of water with a pinch of salt until it is tender (about 10-13 minutes).
- While the asparagus is simmering, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and garlic together.
- Gradually add the olive oil and then the black pepper.
- Once you have drained the asparagus and let it cool, gently toss it with half of the dressing to coat it well.
- Toss the remaining dressing with the basil and the mushrooms, and sprinkle the mixture over the asparagus.
- Season to taste with salt, garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or Mizithra cheese, and serve.