Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple recipe to prepare fresh baby food for your baby rather than the expensive jars. Found this on a Vegetarian website, I think. It makes 4 cubes, so I put 4 servings since I would consider this a side dish.
- 3⁄4 cup fruit (Should be fresh & ripe, uncooked peaches, nectarines, bananas, pears, apricots, apples)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened fruit juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon-flavored water (1 teaspoon lemon juice to 1 cup water to prevent darkening)
- Remove skin and seeds from fruit.
- Puree ingredients in baby food mill or blender until smooth.
- Serve or freeze.
You would only use this recipe for an older baby. Babies stomachs can haev a hard time digesting the un-cooked nutrients and fiber of fruit and vegetables. You can steam first until tender and then puree.