1/1 Photo of Fresh Asparagus With Lemon-Herb Sauce
This recipe will serve 3-4 people, if you are serving more then double the recipe ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs thin asparagus spears, ends trimmed (can use a little more)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (can use more)
- lemon pepper (or use black pepper)
- chopped green onion, for sprinkling
- 1Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.
- 2Add in the asparagus; cook until just crisp-tender (about 4 minutes).
- 3Uning large tongs remove the asparagus to a bowl of ice water (reserve 1 cup of the chicken broth).
- 4Drain the asparagus and pat very dry with paper towels.
- 5Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add in the chopped green onions, shallots and sugar; saute until the onions and shallots are tender (about 5 minutes).
- 7Add in garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- 8Add in the reserved 1 cup broth, 1 tablespoons oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, thyme and lemon peel; simmer until slightly thickened and the liquid is reduced to about 1-1/4 cups (about 5 minutes).
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Cool to room temperature.
- 11Arrange the asparagus on a platter.
- 12Spoon the prepared lemon sauce over, then sprinkle with more chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Asparagus With Lemon-Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 897.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g