Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook asparagus and keep it warm.
- Melt butter in top of double boiler over hot water; blend in flour with wooden spoon.
- Add milk and cream gradually; stir constantly.
- Cook over low heat until smooth and thick.
- Reserve 1 tsp.
- egg; add remainder to sauce; mix well.
- Place asparagus in serving dish; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Pour sauce in gravy boat; sprinkle with reserved egg.