Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is a delicious and easy Chinese side dish that can be prepared ahead. Recipe is originally from the Time-Life cooking series, Foods of the World, The Cooking of China, and is a favorite of ours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bend each asparagus stalk back until the tough root end snaps away.
- 2Discard the ends.
- 3Wash the stalks and slice diagonally into bite- sized pieces.
- 4Blanch the pieces in boiling water for 1 minute, drain at once, and run cold water over the asparagus to stop their cooking.
- 5Spread them on a double thickness of paper towels and pat them dry.
- 6In a container large enough to hold the asparagus, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 7Add the asparagus and toss to coat each piece with the dressing.
- 8Chill slightly--no more than 2-3 hours--before serving.
- 9May be served chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Asparagus Salad (Liang-Pan-Lu-Sun)
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 225.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g