Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fresh asparagus, ham, and cheese, rolled up in lasagna noodles, and smothered with béchamel sauce, and baked in the oven with parmesan on top. Unresistable! Very simple to make too. Be sure to use fresh asparagus, canned or frozen just won't cut it here.
- 2 lbs fresh green asparagus, peeled and hard ends trimmed
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente, but soft enough to roll up
- 10 slices ham, thinly sliced
- 10 slices swiss cheese or 10 slices monterey jack cheese, thin
- 1⁄2 cup bechamel sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Take one lasagna noodle, lay it flat, and add one slich of ham, and one slice of cheese, and three whole asparagus. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased casserole.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Add béchamel sauce, cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is al dente. Remove foil, sprinkle with parmesan, and continue cooking until the top is golden and bubbly.
Pretty presentation, but needed something special like proscuitto instead of ham like George mentioned.
This was different, but nice tasting. I substituted prosciutto in place of ham. And I prepared a "sauce bechamel aux champignons" (bechamel sauce with mushrooms). I halved the recipe for two people and there was still left overs. Served with a tossed salad and Italian bread.