Recipe by TJW
Fresh asparagus, ham, and cheese, rolled up in lasagna noodles, and smothered with béchamel sauce, and baked in the oven with parmesan on top. Unresistable! Very simple to make too. Be sure to use fresh asparagus, canned or frozen just won't cut it here.
- 2 lbs fresh green asparagus, peeled and hard ends trimmed
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente, but soft enough to roll up
- 10 slices ham, thinly sliced
- 10 slices swiss cheese or 10 slices monterey jack cheese, thin
- 1⁄2 cup bechamel sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Take one lasagna noodle, lay it flat, and add one slich of ham, and one slice of cheese, and three whole asparagus. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased casserole.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Add béchamel sauce, cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is al dente. Remove foil, sprinkle with parmesan, and continue cooking until the top is golden and bubbly.