Recipe by Laureen J
I received this from a crock pot list I joined. I have not tried this yet but plan to soon as I love artichokes.
- 2 large artichokes, fresh
- 6 cups hot water
- 4 small lemons, sliced thin
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- With sharp knife, slice about 1" off top of each artichoke; cut off stem near base.
- With scissors, trim about 1/2" off top of each leaf.
- With sharp knife, halve each artichoke vertically; then scoop out and discard the fuzzy center of choke.
- Place artichoke halves in your crock pot;
- add hot water and lemon slices.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or until done.
- Drain and serve with Lemon Butter Sauce.