Recipe by Lesley Anne
My grandmother used to make this cake for me. It's what I requested for my birthday cake. She would add about 3/4 cups of pecans to the batter. It is absolutely wonderful!
Top Review by spooty3
Sorry, but this recipe made a sugary, soggy mess. I don't know what happened! I'm a somewhat experienced cook, and I followed the recipe to the letter, and the "cake" became, at best, kind of a mushy cobbler. And leftovers the next day had a bunch of oil sitting in the bottom. I'm at 6200 feet, but I've done quite a bit of baking with very few problems, and certainly nothing like this. I've double-checked that I followed the recipe to the letter, and frankly, I'm puzzled as to what went wrong....
- 354.88 ml oil
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml Red Delicious apples, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml golden raisin (optional)
- 177.44 ml pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a mixer.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon.
- Mix until batter is combined.
- Add apples, raisins and nuts (optional).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. (I typically have to increase the temperature to 350 for the last 15 minutes of baking.).