1/1 Photo of Fresh Apple Pie Bars
1 hr 20 mins
This is my Grandma Anderson's famous Apple Bar Recipe. My father's favorite! He even has me make them when I visit and freezes them to eat through out the year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg white
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix the first 4 ingredients for the crust, as you would for pie crust.
- 3Beat egg yolk in glass measuring cup, add the milk into the cup.
- 4Pour milk and egg mixture into the other crust ingredients.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Roll out 1/2 of the dough.
- 7Pat into bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- 8For the filling slice the apples leaving the skin on.
- 9Place in a big mixing bowl.
- 10Sprinkle with sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- 11Mix until well coated.
- 12Pour evenly over bottom crust in pan.
- 13Roll out top crust and place on top of apples.
- 14Beat egg white and brush on top of crust.
- 15Cut slits in top crust for steam to escape.
- 16Place baking pan under your 9x13 pan, so you don't get a mess in the oven.
- 17Put into the 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 18Take out of oven when golden brown and while still warm mix together the sugar and hot water(1 tablespoons at a time) until thick but not too thin for the topping.
- 19Drizzle over the top of the bars.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Apple Pie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.2
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 207.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 56.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g