Recipe by Glinda Jenkins
This is a moist and delicious cake. No spices to take away from the fresh apple taste. It stays moist but just doesn't last very long at my house. This recipe comes from my mother. She clipped it out of a newspaper a long time ago. It's been a favorite ever since.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sifted plain flour
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs well.
- Combile flour, soda and salt.
- Stir apple chuncks into flour mixture to coat well.
- Add flour mixture to sugar-oil mixture.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour into bundt pan sprayed well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees.
- Cool five minutes in pan.
- Complete cooling on wire rack.