Top Review by litten_22
These cookies were wonderful. It was a brand new recipe for me. This was a fantastic find to use up apples. My husband absolutely loved them. I will make these again. I did omit the nuts.
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup apple, finely chopped, unpared
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in half of dry ingredients.
- Add nuts, raisins, and apples.
- Mix in milk and rest of dry ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets. Cookies should be placed about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees from 12 to 14 minutes.