Recipe by MsSally
Low-fat coffee cake made with fresh apples, orange juice and dried cranberries. Very easy to make and great with a cup of coffee or tea.
Top Review by katew
5 plus stars !! I found I did not have enough apple so added a cup of carrot to get the correct fruit quota and this was a delicious moist loaf, addictive when warm with butter. I left out the cranberries as I only had tinned and thought the juice would affect cake. The spices were a marvellous addition and could be smelled throughout the house !! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.
- 709.77 ml apples (shredded with peel)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml clove
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 118.29 ml nonfat sour cream
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix apples, spices, orange juice, egg substitute, and sour cream.
- Stir in sugar and set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet until just moistened. Stir in vanilla.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Note: This is a very moist cake so you may need to cook longer, depending on oven.