Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Low-fat coffee cake made with fresh apples, orange juice and dried cranberries. Very easy to make and great with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 3 cups apples (shredded with peel)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix apples, spices, orange juice, egg substitute, and sour cream.
- Stir in sugar and set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet until just moistened. Stir in vanilla.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Note: This is a very moist cake so you may need to cook longer, depending on oven.
5 plus stars !! I found I did not have enough apple so added a cup of carrot to get the correct fruit quota and this was a delicious moist loaf, addictive when warm with butter. I left out the cranberries as I only had tinned and thought the juice would affect cake. The spices were a marvellous addition and could be smelled throughout the house !! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.
I love the flavor of this cake...delicious! I will definitely be making this again!
I thought I'd done something wrong at first. It made a really stiff, dry dough which I wasn't expecting. I liked the easy ingredients like the shredded apples ( I just cored them & put them in the food processor) It was definately a moist loaf as stated (more so than I care for generally speaking) However, toasted with butter it was really great. The flavors were mild and not too sweet. Easy and very good overall.