Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
From a bag of White Lily Flour.
- 3 cups white lily all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups crisco vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups grated apples, about 4 large
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
butter pecan glaze
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick flour spray.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- BEAT sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in apples, pecans, and vanilla.
- POUR batter into prepared pan, no more than 3/4 full. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- COOL 15 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan. Finish cooling on wire rack. Drizzle with Butter Pecan Glaze.
- Butter Pecan Glaze.
- MELT butter in small saucepan; add pecans.
- COOK over medium heat, stirring constantly until nuts are toasted - about one minute. Mix in brown sugar, cream and corn syrup.
- BRING to a rolling boil and cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and blend in orange extract, if using.
- COOL glaze until thickened. Drizzle over Fresh Apple Cake. Extra glaze may be spooned over individual slices, if desired.