1 hr 15 mins
Renee Ferraz's Note:
From a bag of White Lily Flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups white lily all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crisco vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups grated apples, about 4 large
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
butter pecan glaze
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick flour spray.
- 2COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 3BEAT sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture.
- 4Stir in apples, pecans, and vanilla.
- 5POUR batter into prepared pan, no more than 3/4 full. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6COOL 15 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan. Finish cooling on wire rack. Drizzle with Butter Pecan Glaze.
- 7Butter Pecan Glaze.
- 8MELT butter in small saucepan; add pecans.
- 9COOK over medium heat, stirring constantly until nuts are toasted - about one minute. Mix in brown sugar, cream and corn syrup.
- 10BRING to a rolling boil and cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and blend in orange extract, if using.
- 11COOL glaze until thickened. Drizzle over Fresh Apple Cake. Extra glaze may be spooned over individual slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Apple Cake With Butter Pecan Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.1
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 269.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 55.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g