Recipe by Mona Theriot
A delicious way to utilize your apples. I baked this often when my children were little.
Top Review by MailbagMary
This recipe is almost exactly like the one I have been using for over 30 years! I got the recipe from my Aunt Frances. The only difference is that hers called for 2 tsp. vanilla, and 2 tsp. cinnamon. I need to take a dessert for dinner tomorrow and thought I would see if there were any other recipes on here that were better. I don't think there are!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 cups apples, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut apples in cubes, sprinkle with lemon juice to keep from discoloring and mix with 1 cup sugar to make liquid for cake.
- Set aside.
- Cream eggs, butter and remaining sugar.
- Add dry ingredients, and pecans.
- Add the cubed apple mixture.
- Bake in greased floured bundt pan at 350 degrees approximately 1 hour (longer if necessary) until done or inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- May be eaten warm, or cooled and served with ice cream, if desired.