1 hr 30 mins
A fresh apple cake that bakes beautifully, smells wonderful and tastes sinfully delicious! The recipe was given to me by sister who got it from a friend. A great cake for bazaars, fund-raisers, potluck suppers, picnics, or a special family occasion. This freezes very well. NOTE: Gram/ounce measurements are from King Arthur Flour Cookbook
My Private Note
large t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dark raisins or 1 cup golden raisin (85 grams or 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (could substitute rum)
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil (198.6 grams or 7 ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar (198.6 grams or 7 ounces)
- 3 whole granny smith apples, cored,unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (120.6 grams or 4-1/4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray tube pan with Baker's Joy (tm) or grease and flour pan.
- 3Place raisins in bourbon and micowave on High 25 seconds.
- 4Set aside to let raisins plump up.
- 5Put all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, combine egg and oil.
- 7Add sugar and apples.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Gradually add dry ingredients to make a batter.
- 10Then add nuts, vanulla, and the raisins with bourbon.
- 11Mix, but do not over-mix.
- 12Pour into prepared pan.
- 13Bake 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- 14Cool 10 minutes or so.
- 15Remove from tube pan and let cool completely.
- 16NOTE: You can substitute Bosc pears for the apples, if you like.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.9
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 234.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g