Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
From my Grandma Jewel's recipe box. This recipe is great topped with caramel frosting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups salad oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup apple, raw, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop and peel apples and set aside.
- Measure salad oil into large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and eggs.
- Beat on low speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Mix together salt, baking soda, and baking powder and gradually add to creamy mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in chopped pecans and chopped raw apples.
- Spread evenly in a 9 X 13 baking pan lined with wax paper on the bottom.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 55 minutes.
- Turn onto cake rack.
- Remove wax paper.
- Cool and frost.
- ** tip** finely chopped tart, crisp cooking apples work best for this recipe.