Recipe by bigherbncv
My Mother-in-law's recipe handed down to my wife. It's a southern West Virginia recipe and even us yankees like it and so will you.
Top Review by Mary N.
This cake had a wonderful flavor. Although I wasn't sure if I made it right once I mixed it up. The dough was very thick and sticking to the spoon! I just put it in a pan and baked it anyways. it baked up fine. Its very moist once cooked. I really loved the butterscotch and apple flavor. YUM!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 cups apples, diced (Granny Smith or Golden delicious)
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,.
- cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Beat sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry mix to beaten eggs & oil mix.
- (mixture will be thick).
- Add apples and nuts.
- mix by hand, do not beat with mixer.
- Pour or spoon mixture into greased 9x13 pan.
- Spread BUTTERSCOTCH kisses on top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil immediately after removal from oven.