Recipe by gwynn
This came from our potluck cookbook at work.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a wonderful cake. I have made it in the past and everyone loved it. The only ingredient I don't use is dates. I also do add 1 1/2 - 2 tsps. of freshly powdered cinnamon to this mixture before baking. This is a keeper cake recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh apples, chopped
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 cup dates, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, oil and sugar and blend well.
- Add flour,salt and soda until well mixed.
- Add vanilla, chopped apples and nuts (also coconut and dates, if desired).
- Put into greased 8 or 9 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes or until tested done.