Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I received this recipe from a friend after she brought it to dinner one night. Everyone loved it. The butterscotch chips add the extra special flavor.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups peeled chopped apples
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Blend together the sugar, oil and applesauce.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add them alternately with the apples to the egg mixture, mixing well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cover with the butterscotch chips.
- Bake 45 minutes.