Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is delicious warm with butter. My family eats as an in between snack or breakfast dessert :)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup tart apple, ground or grated
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup broken pecan pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs and apples.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix with sugar mixture; add pecans.
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 10x6x3 inch loaf pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.